Life in the fast lane and the digital age is busy. One tool comes in handy to help busy people and small business owners, whatever their line of business. It is possible to automate your entire business and personal life as a result.
In this article, we’ll take a look at IFTTT and how you can automate your life using this handy tool.
What is IFTTT?
If This Then That, or IFTTT for short, is a free web-based service that lets you create simple "if this, then that" rules, called applets, to automate various tasks by connecting different online services and devices.
It is a powerful tool that can save you time and effort by automating to-dos that you would otherwise have to take care of manually.
For example, you can use IFTTT to post your Instagram photos to Twitter automatically or to turn on your Philips Hue lights when your Nest thermostat reaches a certain temperature.
Control Your Smart Home with IFTTT Voice Control
If you're looking for a hands-free way to control your smart home, IFTTT is a superb option. You can use voice commands to trigger IFTTT to operate your lights, thermostat, and other connected devices.
Here are some tips to get the most out of IFTTT voice control.
- Ensure your IFTTT account is linked to a voice assistant such as Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
- Enable the IFTTT Voice Control trigger in the IFTTT app.
- Choose a voice command that you'll remember easily.
- Test your voice command to check it works.
- Enjoy the hands-free control of your smart home!
Top IFTTT Tricks to Boost Creativity
Boost your creativity by using IFTTT.
- Automate repetitive tasks to free up your time and energy to focus on more creative pursuits.
- Connect different apps and devices to create new workflows and find fresh ways to use other tools.
- Create reminders and alerts to stay on top of your ideas and ensure you don't forget any essential details.
- Track your progress to see how far you've come and let it motivate you to continue pushing yourself.
- Experiment to try new things and discover new possibilities.
- Connect with others to get feedback and ideas. Build a community of like-minded people.
What Type of Services Does IFTTT Offer?
There are plenty of services on IFTTT. Some of the most popular ones include social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn; productivity tools like Google Drive and Evernote; and communication apps like Skype and Slack.
How to Use IFTTT?
To use IFTTT, you'll first need to create an account and then connect the apps or devices you want to use. To connect an app or device, you'll need to create a "recipe" that describes the task you want to automate. Recipes have two parts. A trigger and an action.
The trigger is the event that will initiate the recipe, and the action is the task the trigger will perform. For example, the trigger for our Instagram to Dropbox recipe could be "when I post a new photo on Instagram," and the action could be "save the photo to my Dropbox account."
Creating a recipe is simple and only takes a while. After the creation, it will run automatically in the background, and you'll only need to check in on it occasionally to ensure everything is still working as it should.
You can also add conditions to your recipes. It is optional, but it can be helpful if you only want the recipe triggered under certain occurrences. For example, you might only want the recipe to be triggered if it's a photo of a cat.
What Does It Cost?
IFTTT has three plans:
- The free plan allows you to have five applets, either created or chosen from the millions of templates available.
- The Pro plan offers some extra perks at $2.5/month.
- Pro+, $5/month, unlocks the best and most powerful tools.
IFTTT is a simple but powerful tool that can help you automate your life. It provides a great way to make your life a little bit easier and more efficient, and it's definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a way to automate things.
For more great content like this, check out freelancer.guide.