Are you a data analyst who wants to start freelancing?
If so, you can use these templates to find profitable niches and generate profile headlines, descriptions and marketing material. I have seen it time and time again – many analysts like yourself who want to break into freelancing are finding it difficult to stand out from the crowd.
You want people to notice your freelancing profile, but for all the wrong reasons. The problem is that most people only think about providing a solution, but forget about marketing it.
We know you are unique, smart and an amazing data analyst who can do more than just produce dashboards. But what's going to make me choose you over everyone else? To get started, let's look at these templates which help you achieve your goals as a freelancer-to-be.
Profitable Freelance Niches for Data Analysts
There are a number of lucrative freelance options for Data Analysts. Some freelance options include:
Website Optimization - For the cost-conscious, website optimization is an affordable option. It involves reviewing the layout and content of a website, as well as its performance, in an effort to increase search engine ranking and drive sales. Freelance websites like Upwork make it easy to find jobs in this niche, as well as provide advice on how to succeed in this field.
Data Mining - Data Mining is a field where you don't have to be afraid of numbers or math! You can use your skills as a Data Analyst to mine data from online sources, such as social media and e-commerce sites, to determine what customers are looking for and how they behave. This can help companies formulate advertising strategies that will reach their target audience and bring in revenue.
Business Analytics - Business analytics involve interpreting data collected by businesses and businesses' competitors to gain insight into how the business could be improved. If you're good at communicating your findings back to clients in a way that contributes meaningfully toward their success, you may find this niche very rewarding!
Tips to Become a Freelance Data Analyst
Freelance Data Analysts on Upwork are making $200+/hour.
Here's how they do it:
- Put your best skills up top. This is the first thing people see when they look at your profile. It's a chance to set yourself apart from everyone else, and show potential clients that you're worth hiring for the job. Make them salivate!
- Be sure to highlight any specialties you have, like working with large datasets or using complex software. Nothing sets you apart from competitors faster than highlighting what makes you unique!
- Provide proof of your work, and show your results (in easy-to-read charts!). Clients love seeing that their work is paying off with higher conversion rates, and they'll give you more work if they know you can get the job done!
- Staple a few positive reviews to the top of your profile. You can even pay a couple of bucks on Upwork to make it happen—but it's worth it if it helps get you more jobs!
- Show off your samples. The key to getting more clients is getting more offers. Make sure you've posted all of your best samples so that clients know what they're getting into before they hire
Freelance Data Analyst Headline Examples
Data Analyst with extensive experience in web scraping
Data Analyst with expertise in Python, statistics, and data visualization to help companies visualize their data
Data Analyst with experience in Python, R, and SQL
Data Analyst with expertise in Python and R to help companies get the most out of their data
Data Analyst with expertise in python and R to help companies make the best decisions possible through data
Data Analyst/Programmer (Data Science, Big Data, Apache Spark, Hadoop)
Data Analyst/Developer (Visualization, Open Source Tools)
Data Analyst (Big Data, Business Intelligence, Python)
Data Analyst/Scientist with a focus in oil and gas
Data Analyst/Scientist with a focus on supply chain analysis and predictive analytics
Data Analyst/Scientist with an expertise in predictive modeling, energy and transportation
Deep-learning data analyst/scientist with an expertise in genomics
Leading Data Scientist from the Big Four; Python, R, SAS, MySQL, Excel
Freelance Data Analyst Profile Description Example
As a data analyst with over 14 years of experience in the field, I have the expertise to turn your data into actionable insights.
I've worked with everything from simple spreadsheets to large-scale big data applications, and I'm even proficient with Apache Spark. I can help you gain insights into your business and enable growth.
I've built models that enable companies to optimize their marketing strategies, better understand their customers, target prospects with more accuracy, increase retention rates by 10%, and save millions on production costs.
I've been collecting my own data for years, and I know how to take that data and turn it into an effective model. I'm familiar with the most recent statistical techniques and have the necessary knowledge to create solid statistical models that help you make better decisions.
I understand what it takes to build a solid model and communicate those insights effectively. I'm trained in both business and statistics, so I can provide you with a comprehensive analysis of your business needs.
Data Analysis Project Scope Example
Goal: Our goal is to conduct an extensive survey of [target audience] and then analyze the data to discover how [topic] affects their rate of [activity].
- Survey 500 members of the community about their eating and sleeping habits, as well as their past experiences with [topic] and their opinions on the future of [activity].
- Research best practices for analyzing and interpreting survey results.
- Set up Google Analytics accounts for our website, blog, and email newsletter.
- Collect contact information for all current subscribers to our newsletter.
- Send a survey invitation email to all subscribers, with a link to the Google Form.
- After collecting responses, enter responses into a spreadsheet in columns labeled according to task 1.1's specifications.
- Analyze response data in Excel using pivot tables, bar graphs or other appropriate visualizations.
Deliverable: A professionally designed infographic that displays our results in an easy-to-understand way that clearly states our mission, vision, and values to be used in our next fundraising campaign.
Data Analysis Project Brief Example
We would like someone to help us gather data from various sources and combine it into one database. The information will be gathered from a variety of sources including but not limited to:
- online forums (game forums, social media, Facebook, etc.)
- online stores (Amazon, Ebay, etc.)
- social media (Twitter, Instagram)
- WordPress blogs/websites
The information gathered will consist of reviews from customers as well as demographic information about the reviewers themselves including age, gender and location (city, state). The information should then be analyzed in terms of trending to see if we can find any patterns in user reviews or demographics that might indicate which products are more popular with specific groups.
Data Analysis Cover Letter/Proposal Example
Hello [client name],
I'm excited to bid on your project. I specialize in data analysis and know how important it is to have a strong understanding of the projects I work on. Here's why you should hire me:
I can help you get the job done, because I've worked as a data analyst for [x] years, and understand the needs of [clients].
Here's a link to my portfolio: [link]
Here are some questions for you:
- What do you like about the current version of your website?
- What do you want to improve?
- How much would you be willing to spend on the project?